Cannock Chase Trigs
- Race Date/Time: Sunday, 7 January 2024 11:00 am
- Race Status: Confirmed
- Race Organiser: Mercia - Bob Dredge
- Race Registration Location: Milford Hall Cricket Club on A519 near Brook Lane, Brocton, Stafford, ST17 0UL. GR973204 on OS127
- Race Entry Type: Pre-register Only
- Race Entry Fee (£'s): £12 for FRA members, £14 otherwise
- Race Total Ascent (metres): 540m
- Race Distance (km): 26.5km
- Race Category: CL
Trig Point Race 2024
I had hoped to open entrees for the race before now and am still working on basis that the race will go ahead on the 7th January. However some new environmental regulations appear to have come to light at the County Council and I am still awaiting their formal sign off and agreement.
I will update this note, and try to circulate a note to previous years entrants, as soon as I have any further information.
My apologies but this is outside of my control, despite trying to get it resolved over recent weeks.
Trig Race 7th January 2024
We are pleased to be able to let you know that the Trig Points race WILL be held on 7th January 2024. Permissions have just been received. It is hoped that entries will be open on or around 1st December on the Sport Ident(SI) web site.
Further and fuller details will be posted next week
33rd Cannock Chase Trig Points Race
Sunday 8th January 2023
Approximately 26.5k with 540 metres of climb (FRA category CL) - mainly on tracks and paths but some open terrain (depending on route choice, see atached map). There will be a compulsory retirement cut off at Moors Gorse at 65 minutes on the outward leg and runners not meeting this will be required to not proceed to Castle Ring but return to the finish.
All runners must visit the following check points taking their chosen routes (Note a race specific map can be purchased through SI entry process and a copy will be on the Mercia website).
- Start Milford Common(GR 975 210)
- Rifle Range (995 180)
- Moors Gorse (025 151)
- Castle Ring (043 128)
- Moors Gorse (025 151)
- Glacial Boulder (980 181)
- Finish Milford Common (975 210)
and then report to registration to download time taken and return dibber.
There will be a charge of £40 for any dibber lost or not returned on the day.
ENTRY - Pre entry only by Tuesday 4th January, will be through the SI entry system - https://www.sientries.co.uk/. Fees are £11 FRA members, £13 non-FRA. Entries open 1st November, limit 120 competitors.
CAR PARK and REGISTRATION - Milford Hall Cricket Club, Main Road, Milford, ST17 0UL. Registration from 09.40 and closes at 10.35 prompt. Race briefing at start at 10.50.
START - to east of Dora Rose nursing home, Milford Common, 10 minutes’ walk from registration - do not park here please.
Please note the following.
- There will be no drinks provided at the Moors Gorse check point.
- The course will not use the Brereton Spurs check point used in previous races.
- SI timing will be used and runners will be allocated “dibbers” to be collected at registration
- FRA mandatory kit - full waterproof body cover, hat, gloves, map, whistle and compass must be worn or carried. There will be checks and “no kit no go”. Imposed.
- 2 minute time out both ways at Moors Gorse to allow for safe road crossing.
- Results will be updated frequently on the day and shown on the Mercia web site.
To keep entry fees down there will be no beer and limited prizes but, as usual, POST RACE REFRESHMENTS and time to socialise will be provided, at no charge, at the Cricket Club. Changing and showers may be available dependent on risk assessment at the time.