Tour Des Marches (aka Wistanstow Walk)
- Race Date/Time: Saturday, 10 September 2022 8:00 am
- Race Status: Confirmed
- Race Organiser: LDWA (Marches Group)
- Race Registration Location: Wistanstow Village Hall
- Race Entry Type: On-day or Pre-register
- Race Entry Fee (£'s): £10 in advance for LDWA member, £15 others, on the day £16 if event not full
- Race Total Ascent (metres): Sufficient!
- Race Distance (km): 26 miles or 18 or 12
- Race Category: BL
26, 18, or 12 miles from Wistanstow Village Hall GR LR137/SO430858
Undulating route through SW Shropshire, visiting Clun and Bishops Castle. For much of your day you are in the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – established in 1958. As well as using paths that are well known (including parts of The Shropshire Way), we are happy to introduce you to more secretive parts of the rights of way network.
Mass Start at 08.30am. Runners welcome. Entry in advance £10 (£15 non- LDWA) OTD, if available, all £16, inc snack breakfast from 07.15 am, snacks and drinks available at all checkpoints, toilets available at two main check points. Hot meal at finish, including vegetarian option. Free beer! Full support and transport for retirees and 12 and 18 mile walkers, maps and route description provided, certs and finishers list.
Sorry no dogs.
A popular and friendly event that is usually oversubscribed by July. Entry limit 150. Online entry at https://www.sientries.co.uk. Entry form also on website from March 1st, SEF accepted with SAE. SAE not required if email address provided.
Org by and cheques made payable to Marches LDWA.
C: Phil Clarke, Brook House, Felhampton, Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6 6RJ. Tel: 01694 781405. Website, www.wistanstowwalk.blogspot.com.